Intimate Weddings and Functions
Finding the perfect venue can strike fear in the heart of even the most enthusiastic party planner. Fear not – we have a truly unique venue experience on offer. From birthdays to anniversaries and weddings.
Here at Umami we believe you can make an even bigger statement with a smaller, more intimate function. In lieu of modern minimalism, why not opt for a more personal affair. We are able to comfortably host a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 40 guests.
Our private functions can take place both in your villa or at the main house. We pride ourselves in offering catering led by a chef trained at one of South Africa’s most acclaimed cookery schools. What is better than sipping top South African wines in a beautiful setting? We pair wines to match the flavour. We also add stylish decor and flowers to this option.
Come relax and enjoy while we apply our unparalleled creativity and passion for excellence to your special event.
Our Suggestions For Food And Wine
FRANSCHHOEK valley hosts a wide selection on wines which compliments various types cuisine.
Generally wine and food pairing must compliment each other in taste and consistency. Bare in mind that the taste of wine gets dictated by various factors a few examples are correct serving temperature, type of glass burgundy or Bourdoux with specific wine, wine storage and preservation.
The following pairings is examples of local consistent wines in the FRANSCHHOEK Valley. These pairings are complementary to Bistro cuisine.
Wines can be categorized as follows Red, White and Rose.
- Red wines pair well with red meats Fillet, Rump and Sirlion.
- A Glenwood Merlot would pair exceptionally well with a Beef Fillet
- A La Motte Cabernet would compliment a Rump or Sirlion
- For Italian dishes a good choice would be the Tera Del Capo Sangiovese which is comparable to a Tuscan wine which is light and easy drinking.
White wines pair well with lighter dishes such as Seafood and Poultry
- A Haut CABRIERRE Chardonnay Pinot Noir which has a very distinctive tint of Rose will pair well with any form of seafood, Linefish, mussels, crayfish
- Glenwood unwooded Chardonnay compliments chicken dishes
- For salads an easy drinking light wine like the Tera Del Capo Pino Grigio is perfect
- Haut CABRIERRE Tranquelle which is Rose pairs well with salmon and trout dishes. Duck is also a favorite with this wine.
The above mentioned pairings is wines that has been in circulation for years and are by no means the only ones, FRANSCHHOEK offers a wide variety of cultivars and blends for food pairings.